Slip and Fall Claims: 10 Questions You Need To Answer
If you have been injured as a result of a “slip and fall” or “trip and fall” there are 10 questions that you should know the answer to before you call a lawyer. Knowing the answers to these questions will help the personal injury lawyer evaluate whether or not you have a claim that is worth pursuing.
1. What was the weather like on the day that you fell?
2. What kind of shoes were you wearing? (Keep the shoes. Take pictures).
3. Do you wear glasses or contact lenses? (Were you wearing them when you fell?)
4. Do you have any medical history of dizziness or falling?
5. Do you take any medication that makes you dizzy?
6. What caused you to slip or trip? (Take pictures if you can).
7. Had you had any alcohol to drink on the day you fell?
8. Were there any witnesses to your fall? (Get their names, and contact information)
9. Did you file an accident/incident report with the property owner or police?
10. If your fall was caused by a dangerous condition, how long do you think the conditions existed before you fell?
Knowing the answers to these questions will help the personal injury lawyer evaluate whether or not you have a claim that is worth pursuing.